There are always two people in a picture: the photographer and the viewer. - Ansel Adams

Friday 8 April 2011

It's a beautfiul day in the neighbourhood

I have only gone out a couple of times by myself in Vancouver and taken pictures. I havent gone very far just around my neighbourhood in East Van and a bit farther. I have taken some good shots though as there are lots of things to shoot. I am still a bit shy when I have my camera with me and I tend to just keep it in my purse until I see a shot I want to take. Hopefully going to school will make me less shy as I have no option but to shoot in front of a bunch of people! Some of these shots are taken literally in my neighbourhood about a 10-15 minute walk from my house. The rest were taken on a day where I got off work early and since it was sunny out decided it would be a good day to take some pictures. I was directed to go to an area where there were some nice houses and abandoned building, some good oppurtunities to take pictures. I must have gotten a bit lost because I never found the houses or the buildings. I have found that the sun is very decieiving in Vancouver though. Even if it is sunny out as opposed to the regular cloudiness of the day doesnt neccisarily mean its not going to rain. I learned this the hard way on my walk to the site by not having a hood on my jacket or an umbrella. I ended up getting some good shots despite being soaked by the end of it!

Here are a couple in my neighbourhood


Here are some more from around East Van



No comments:

Post a Comment